Drive thru tree

Bgwvdv

Drive thru tree

Post by Bgwvdv »

Who wants to drive thru the redwood tree ???
PaulGhia

Re: Drive thru tree

Post by PaulGhia »

Last year I talked to the owner of one of the drive through trees. He had just bought an old Beetle to restore. He said that He would give us a deal to drive through..I lost His contact info and plan on stopping by his place on the way up..It was right on Hwy 101..I think at Myers Flat
Ron

Post by Ron »

I am totally interested in driving through a redwood. Please keep me posted on what develops
68 Blue Bug
BanzaiJim

Post by BanzaiJim »

From 2009 when we did a redwood drive-thru:
https://youtu.be/-qT6qc4aBcw
RhondaRoo

Post by RhondaRoo »

That would be super cool……especially if we’re cruising thru on a weekday with a shorter line.👍🏼
PaulGhia

Post by PaulGhia »

We drove through the Chandler Tree today which is at Legget..Cost $15.00. No walk ins allowed 2hich means if You are driving a bus with too tall racks you have to pay $15 to look at it and take photos of you walking through it..Lady said that they would not give us a group discount...

We stopped at Myers Flat for the Shrine Tree..He bought a 74? Beetle last year to restore but hasn't touched it..He will give us a Discount. We pay $8 . Just have to mention that You are with the VW group. Walk ins pay a lot less..Maybe $3?
RhondaRoo

Post by RhondaRoo »

Wait…..if we mention the VW Group we get to pay more than twice the fee of just walking in???🤔