Day 6 - Mill Valley to Monterey - 7/26

BlueBus
Site Admin

Day 6 - Mill Valley to Monterey - 7/26

Post by BlueBus »

I'll post general Day 6 info and updates here.

People can use this to coordinate accommodations, meals, day trips, etc., or start your own topic if you'd like more eyes on it!
Jennifer Ingram

Re: Day 6 - Mill Valley to Monterey - 7/26

Post by Jennifer Ingram »

Hey folks,
Just trying to figure out camping spots for this night of the Treffen.... Itinerary says group campout at Laguna Seca. Any information on what area of the campground will be designated for this group?
Please advise...
Thanks!
BlueBus
Site Admin

Post by BlueBus »

I've never camped here, I'm usually in Pacific Grove. The group does manage to get all together, I think there's so much space available that it works out. I'll ask around though...
DonVWMiller

Post by DonVWMiller »

According to the site I looked at there are 6 camping areas around Laguna Seca. I found a campsite for a tent at the Grand Prix dry camping. Haven’t booked it yet because I’m wondering where others are booking
Acrosier

Post by Acrosier »

In the same boat as above. Will we all be getting individual sites like at Casitas but trying to stay together, or is there a group site/prior arrangements/ some kind of deal? I’d like to book now if individuals… just over a month away!
Jennifer Ingram

Post by Jennifer Ingram »

Ok... so, in case anyone is interested, I called Laguna Seca and they had no specific group camp scheduled for the Airhead Parts Treffen so we decided to just book an individual spot there in the Grand Prix "A" campground. They were the least expensive and from google earth ground view, the sites looked pleasant enough. Some even had a nice view of the valley or the race track depending on which side of the road we get put on. Showers and bathrooms are within a short walk. No hookups, don't need them.
Note: they don't actually assign you your site until the day of arrival, so no way to really coordinate with others regarding adjoining campsites until that day.
BanzaiJim

Post by BanzaiJim »

As in last year and past years...many of the us Treffeners camp at the Grand Prix "A" Campground.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ogvwtom

Post by ogvwtom »

It looks like I’m going to assume……..no meet up in a closed off section of Pacific Grove this year?
BanzaiJim

Post by BanzaiJim »

So...in our Trish McD's Treffen Cruise Friends chat in Messanger, there was a comment from Thomas Husselstein about a dinner stop in Monterey.
Here is that info:
"Hello Treffeners, in Turlock we have a brewery called Dust Bowl and they have a location in Monterey.
For the night in Monterey they will be hosting us and we can park in the lot next to brewery at cannery row.
They will be posting a week before about the VW night in Monterey. It’s too bad about Pacific Grove but we have a cool place to go"
Old Train Station, 290 Figueroa St, Monterey, CA 93940
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Dust+ ... l=en&gl=US
BlueBus
Site Admin

Post by BlueBus »

ogvwtom wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:15 am It looks like I’m going to assume……..no meet up in a closed off section of Pacific Grove this year?
My old Chamber of Commerce contact retired, the new one doesn't seem in to it.
BlueBus
Site Admin

Post by BlueBus »

I added the restaurant info to the itinerary page!
Brix9072

Post by Brix9072 »

I plan on joining in Santa Cruz... is there any planned stop in SC or estimate on time the tour will be passing through?
BanzaiJim

Post by BanzaiJim »

Brix9072, you can follow the cruisers by the LIVE GPS Tracker:
https://share.garmin.com/treffen25
Brix9072

Post by Brix9072 »

perfect ... thanks