Day 2 - Astoria to Coos Bay - 7/22

BlueBus
Site Admin

Day 2 - Astoria to Coos Bay - 7/22

Post by BlueBus »

I'll post general Day 2 info and updates here.

People can use this to coordinate accommodations, meals, day trips, etc., or start your own topic if you'd like more eyes on it!
DonVWMiller

Re: Day 2 - Astoria to Coos Bay - 7/22

Post by DonVWMiller »

Where do people camp at Coos Bay? I found Sunset Bay State Park that looks pretty sweet but actually nothing available there or at Bastendorft.
BlueBus
Site Admin

Post by BlueBus »

There's also a KOA just over the bridge in Warrenton, which is near the morning meet up. I know someone to ask though, I'll report back.
Jennifer Ingram

Post by Jennifer Ingram »

The KOA was booked full when we checked a couple of weeks ago.
Instead, we were able to secure a spot at Box Car Hill Campground. ($53, site #50) Still plenty of sites available, as of this writing.
Good news is it's right off of Hwy 101 and literally borders the Oregon Dunes Recreation area, north of Coos Bay.
Bad news (possibly) is that it caters to off-roaders, atv's and buggies, which means it could be noisy at night.
Should be interesting...
BlueBus
Site Admin

Post by BlueBus »

Thanks, Jennifer-- my Warrenton reply was wrong anyway, that's the previous night ;)
VWbusguy

Post by VWbusguy »

HI all, we will be at the Safeway lot in Newport, Saturday, waiting for you!! Look for our green on green 63 split!! We want to interview some of you for the Florence newspaper and take some pictures as well.. come say hi to us.. Don & Pam