Welcome!

Jere

Re: Welcome!

Post by Jere »

So are you going to stop in Fortuna again this year? Is it just a lunch stop before heading south into the Avenue of the Giants? If I can be of any assistance please let me know. I'm the current president of Humbugs, Humboldt County's VW club. I know timing wise, it is always great to stop in over night in Crescent City and then head to Eureka. I'll be working on getting some of our club to join in. I'll join in as far as Redway but would really like to go as far as Ft. Bragg because I've got friends there. You can reply here or email me at: humbugsvwclub@gmail.com.
markswagen

Post by markswagen »

hi there,
l might be up for that.
are you going to the ID buzz thing, at huntington beach this week.
my cell 619 201 0310
1Casper:57bug wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 4:07 pm
Hey markwagen ; We are going to the top as well, leaving Monday ,going north, we are going the 101, first stop is San Rafael, or San Jose.
If you want to go then, and have some company, let us know.... we are traveling in a 70 beetle and a 57 Beetle..... Casper

From the LAX area .........(0\ ! /0)
1hotwagon85

Post by 1hotwagon85 »

We will see you guys in San Fran and drive down with you guys to Monterey. The '85 Westy is ready for her first Treffen the 63 Rag and is staying home this year. Can't wait to see you guys :)
DonVWMiller

Post by DonVWMiller »

Who’s starting at The Peace Arch on July 21?

What time to meet up? Maybe 9AM?

I’m booking the 2:45 Ferry from Coupville to PT and figure 3 hours from Peace Arch to Coupeville Ferry dock by way of Chuckanut.
BlueBus
Site Admin

Post by BlueBus »

Jere wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:10 pm So are you going to stop in Fortuna again this year? Is it just a lunch stop before heading south into the Avenue of the Giants? If I can be of any assistance please let me know. I'm the current president of Humbugs, Humboldt County's VW club. I know timing wise, it is always great to stop in over night in Crescent City and then head to Eureka. I'll be working on getting some of our club to join in. I'll join in as far as Redway but would really like to go as far as Ft. Bragg because I've got friends there. You can reply here or email me at: humbugsvwclub@gmail.com.
Thanks, Jere, I'm mapping it out right now, I'll be in touch :)
BlueBus
Site Admin

Post by BlueBus »

DonVWMiller wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:18 pm Who’s starting at The Peace Arch on July 21?

What time to meet up? Maybe 9AM?

I’m booking the 2:45 Ferry from Coupville to PT and figure 3 hours from Peace Arch to Coupeville Ferry dock by way of Chuckanut.

Hi Don,

If folks are going to start there, you should meet up on Thursday. We leave early on the 21st (Friday) from Port Angeles, WA.

I may do that myself, I'm still planning my route north. We did the Ferry over a couple of years ago though & it was easy.

I'll be updating the daily itinerary here later today:
http://airheadparts.engineintheback.com/treffen/
RhondaRoo

Post by RhondaRoo »

Hellooooooo my people!

I'm plotting the whole thing this year....! Is anybody else leaving So Cal on Sat 7/15? I'm coming up from Orange County....solo....66 Westy.

Looking fwd to seeing you all!

Rhonda
doncreasman

Post by doncreasman »

So excited!
Can't seem to pull up the map for any day other than for the Friday 21st.
Anyone else having that issue? any ideas.
THANKS!!!
RhondaRoo

Post by RhondaRoo »

Leaving Sat 7/15 from Orange County…..anyone else? Bueller? Bueller….? 949-836-0133 text me.
Ron

Post by Ron »

Hi Everyone.
I'm Ron, and my twin brother Don and I are super excited to be joining for the first time with our two bugs. We actually caught up with you all for one day last year. We rode from Half Moon Bay to Monterey.
We've had so much planning and preparing for this trip. Been doing all the maintenance we can on our cars to help them make it. Our biggest fear is breakdowns:) But it's so reassuring to know we'll be welcomed into the mighty company of such loving and knowledgeable air-cooled affectionados!!

Adventure is calling!
68 Blue Bug
1971Adventurewagen

Post by 1971Adventurewagen »

Any News Yet for 2024 ?
ogvwtom

Post by ogvwtom »

Yes double checking this, so I can make some travel plans.
Thanks
yumaappliance

Post by yumaappliance »

Any news on dates for 2024???
63Buggy

Post by 63Buggy »

Asking the same question...any news about this year's Treffen?
Schwartz Heathens

Post by Schwartz Heathens »

I posted the same question to the Airhead Parts page on Facebook, but it’s very quiet there, too. In fact, there hasn’t been a new post since December 11, 2023. I hope everything is OK with @BlueBus.